Wednesday, February 2

"If You Ask Me" by Helen Ramsey 1967 Xmas

VINTAGE VERSE: "If You Ask Me" by Helen Ramsey
from the IDEALS Christmas Magazine 1967

If you ask me, I think my dad
Likes my gifts best of all;
My tops and guns and boxing gloves,
My catcher's mitt and ball.

'Cause when I'm looking at my stuff
Beside the Christmas tree,
Dad says, "Now, son, I'll help you."
And sits right down with me.

I'll never need his help, of course,
But it's no use to say.
Dad simply pushes me aside,
And starts right in to play.

I hardly get to try my gun,
'Cause he can shoot so straight.
And any kind of windup toy
He has to demonstrate.

If you ask me, I think my dad
Likes every toy I get,
And if I didn't complain,
He'd be playing with them yet.

~*~Kaleb's MamaMimi~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment