Wednesday, August 18

Re: Another Va. member in Chesapeake

Just catching up on my emails, I've lived in Chesapeake since the eighties, and it certainly is nothing as described above.  While we certainly have drugs, crime and taxes, it certainly isn't someplace I don't feel safe walking in.  Yes, I have lived in South Norfolk (a "township" in Chesapeake) I never had an issue with coming into my home at two in the moring without a gun and a body guard.  (In this part of Virginia, our "city" has replaced the county with the different towns pulled into one city instead a county.
Taxes are high, they are higher in Portsmouth, and you certianly have a much better qualily of life in Chesapeake. 
As far as your water bill, you should call the water department and ask them to check for leaks.  I can't imagine having that high a water bill for just two people.  I belive the highest that I have ever had was around $90 while having 6-8 people in the house, getting ready for a wedding and finishing up construction.
Dianna in Virginia

--- In ChristmasChannel@yahoogroups.com, <fanof48nascar@...> wrote:
>
> I use to live in a small town called Poquoson which is on the Bay and is Near Nasa and Langley.  The crime rate was almost zero.  It is a fishing town.  I am now in NC.
>
> susan e
> Saving Money In Small Town In North Carolinahttp://savinginasmalltowninnc.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment